1. Format Top
All the photos and illustrations from our collections are delivered in uncompressed JPEG format.
Giving you the highest-resolution at the minimum file size!
2. Sizes Top
For every photo or illustration Fotolia offers sizes from XS to XXL - enough for any project specification.
Below are the details for each different size:
|Size||Min. Size (px)||Min. Print Size (300 DPI)|
|XS||400 x 300||1.33" x 1"|
|S||800 x 600||2.66" x 2"|
|M||1600 x 1200||5.33" x 4"|
|L||2400 x 1600||8" x 5.33"|
|XL||3100 x 2500||10.33" x 8.33"|
|XXL||5000 x 3000||16.66" x 10"|
Please note that Extended License files (X) are always delivered at the largest available size.
3. Licenses Top
Fotolia offers two types of license: Standard and Extended.
The differences between them are explained below.
|Standard License||Extended License|
|Sharing Rights||Within the same entity||Within the same group|
|Geographical Location of Use||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Printed Documents||Up to 500,000||Unlimited|
|Electronic Documents||Up to 500,000||Unlimited|
|Video, TV and Cinema||Up to 500,000||Unlimited|
|Software and Applications||Up to 500,000||Unlimited|
|Templates Intended for Resale||Not allowed||Unlimited|
|Derivative Products Intended for Resale||Not allowed||Unlimited|
|Print-On-Demand Services||Not allowed||Unlimited|
|Legal Protection Per Content||Up to $10,000||Up to $10,000|
- With the Standard License images can be used for any illustrative purpose in any type of media.
Examples: websites, web banners, newsletters, PDF documents, blogs, emails, slide shows, TV/video presentations, cell phones, splash screens, movies, magazine articles, books, advertising, brochures, document illustrations, booklets, billboards, business cards, packaging, etc.
- The Extended License gives you all the rights granted by the Standard License, but also the ability to print our creative files more than 500,000 times and allows you to use them on your own products. Indeed an Extended License lets you create derivative products or services intended for resale or distribution.
Examples: postcards, calendars, posters, t-shirts, print and presentations templates, video clips intended for resale, video applications and any project where the Fotolia file lends primary value to the product intended for resale or distribution.
4. Restrictions Top
Please note that use of our files is prohibited in the following cases:
- Adult entertainment clubs or escort services
- Political endorsements
- Logos, trademarks or service marks.
Please also note that use of our images on social networks is possible only:
- If the size is less than 1000 x 1000 pixels
- If the copyright information appears on the image itself.